HOW TO MAKE A FACEBOOK PAGE FOR BUSINESS SUCCESSFUL
Ellen Schoenthaler Bickford, Social Media Manager, Article-Writing.co
Having an engaging, well-executed company Facebook page is absolutely necessary in 2018.
“Marketing on Facebook helps you find new customers and build lasting relationships with them” (Facebook, 2018). With two billion people using Facebook every month, it’s more important than ever to learn how to make a facebook page for business successful so you can stand out from your competitors online and make an impact on potential customers. The best way to do that is to evaluate your company’s current Facebook activity. Are there areas for improvement? Chances are, the answer to that question is “yes!”
By reviewing the following six key elements outlined below, you can unlock how to make a Facebook page for business successful. begin executing your company’s page as effectively as possible. First, begin by understanding why Facebook “likes” are important. Next, review your Facebook post consistency and analyze the engagement of your content. Evaluate whether or not you’re properly responding to customers, and think about your long-term objectives. Finally, recognize whether or not you’re an expert in the social media field.
1. Why are Page “Likes” Important?
Facebook “likes” are important because the more people who follow your page, the larger the opportunity is for your company’s content to reach those followers, as well as their friends, family members, and acquaintances.
Did you know? With every post, there is an opportunity to capture the attention of not only your direct followers, but their friends too. This is due to the way Facebook’s algorithm works. When someone’s friends interact with a brand page on the social platform, their friends and family are alerted of the activity in their newsfeeds. Therefore, the more capturing your content is, the more your followers (and their friends) will interact with your content. This will increase your page “likes” over time, as well as the number of people who are able to see the page’s content.
2. Are You Posting Consistently?
With social media platforms, consistency is key! It’s important to map out a post schedule for your page on a weekly or monthly basis. That way you’ll ensure your page is receiving consistent posts in case you become too busy to create a post on a day-to-day basis. The good news? Facebook business pages allow you to schedule out your posts in advance! Typically, you’ll want to post 5 times per week on Facebook, Monday-Friday. These are the days that receive the highest level of engagement from users across the platform.
3. How Engaging Are Your Posts?As a rule, aim to include either a photo, video, link to an article, or other “attachment” on every post in order to engage your followers. By simply adding a photo to accompany a post, the post engagement will increase by roughly 35%. In fact, “in 2017, 90% of all content shared by users on social media is video. The biggest challenge is how you can capture your audience’s attention in the first 3 seconds” (Smart Insights, 2018). It’s important to catch someone’s eye as they’re scrolling through their newsfeed. With so many businesses already using the platform, you want to stand out by providing people with consistent, engaging content that they find useful or entertaining. “Having a high-quality social content strategy is a must!” (Smart Insights, 2018).Here are 3 tips for more engaging social media content:
- Shorter is better! Posts between 100 – 250 characters get 60% more likes, comments, and shares than posts over that character count. (HubSpot)
- Ask the Q! Prompting people with simple, opinion-based questions or “fill-in-the-blanks” will bring in 90% more engagement than the average post.
- Test your post timing! Don’t be afraid to test out posting content at different times throughout the day, to find the best times to connect with your audience. The 18 to 24 year-old demographic is most active between 9 – 10pm in the evening.
4. Are You Responding to Comments and Questions?One of the greatest opportunities social media offers a business is the ability to interact with their current and prospective clients. Therefore, it’s super important to always respond back to comments, questions, and feedback you receive in a timely manner – ideally, within a 24-hour timeframe. Having the opportunity for real-time interactions with your customers is powerful; you can address their concerns, answer any questions they have on your services or products, and even inform them better about your company. “Think like a human being, not like a “brand”’ (ClickZ, 2018). Don’t waste this opportunity by ignoring their comments on your page! Not enough staff to execute your social media and customer response strategy? We can help! Explore our social media content services today.
“The ability to interact with our customers, and potential customers, in a meaningful way via the Facebook platform is incredibly powerful for our brand” Andrea Lope, Nissan North America.
5. So, What’s Your Long-Term Objective, Anyways?There are multiple objectives a company may have when they begin implementing social media. One goal may be to better connect with their existing clientele. Another objective may be to increase traffic to the company’s website. A common objective is to increase a business’s online reputation:Reputation Management — Social media allows you to see firsthand what your current and prospective clients are saying about you. If you suspect there may be negativity around a specific aspect of your business (perhaps your prices are a bit high, or your customer service is lacking), you can not only monitor and track these types of brand mentions, but you can address them in your posts.Many social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter, allow you to search their user base for mentions of your company. This is a great way to check the pulse of what is being said about your brand and what may need to be addressed.
6. Are You an Expert in Your Field?
Social media is the perfect place to offer valuable information and helpful advice, but your page needs to be executed properly. When you know how to make a Facebook page for business successful, you unlock a lot of different possibilities. Facebook allows you to position yourself as an expert in your industry, ensuring you’ll be top-of-mind when it comes time for your fans and followers to buy the products or services that you offer. If you’re not confident that your staff has time to utilize your company page to its full potential, hire an expert to get the job done right. Whether you’re a small business looking for a flexible outside team of social media content writers, or a large corporation who wants to focus solely on your company’s growing goals and not on Facebook, we have a social media services solution that’s perfect for you! Learn more about our social media services and copywriting process today.
By reviewing these six key elements, and gaining an understanding of what’s important for the success of your Facebook page, it will become easier to generate quality and engaging content that your followers will enjoy. Building strong relationships on social media will help to create brand advocates and positive awareness of your company or organization.