A guest post involves writing content for industry-related digital publications. In basic terms, you are sharing your thought leadership voice on another group’s website.
You may be thinking, “Why not just write content for my own platforms? Why post somewhere else when my goal is to drive more traffic to my company website?”
As an executive in your field, you could make a massive impact on your business success by writing thought leadership guest posts. By expanding your readership for more internet cruisers to learn about you, your expertise as an innovator in your field, and the business you lead, you will notice many benefits come your way.
Increased Brand Awareness and Thought Leadership Building
As a thought leader, you are a part of your business’s brand. By sharing your voice, you humanize your company and demonstrate its reliability for consumers. Sharing your expertise beyond your own company website will build intrigue as people read your content and believe, “They really know what they’re talking about.” You’ll position yourself as an authority in your industry who wants to educate, inspire, and inform consumers and other members of the field.
Drive More Web Traffic
By simply sharing your thought leadership voice beyond your own website limits, you can easily establish trust with new potential customers, which will draw curious clickers to peruse your website, see what you offer, and take action (hello, skyrocketing conversion rates!)
Expand Your Thought Leadership Network
By connecting with other publications and sources in your industry, you can broaden your professional network. Your expanded network could open opportunities to exchange ideas to strengthen and grow your industry to get more people involved in it, including more workers, leaders, and consumers.
Give More to Share
While the people who read your guest post may not be aware of your company (yet), they could be loyal supporters of the publication you’re using. If your content is strong, you may provoke a wide readership to share your guest post on their social media, which could begin a full snowball effect and make your thought leadership louder and more profound.
Boosting Your Backlink Profile
Writing guest posts for other websites usually does not involve any compensation. However, you have the opportunity to share your brand and include backlinks embedded in your post that will lead readers to your website and boost your SEO ranking. Ensure that your backlinking is organic so it flows in your writing and won’t be removed for being irrelevant to the rest of your content.
So how can you create impactful thought leadership guest post content?
Creating Your Thought Leadership Guest Posts
When it comes to guest posting, you need to create valuable, engaging content that publications will want to share. You also need to draw the attention of passive readers who don’t necessarily know about you or your company.
Here are some tips for writing guest posts that will establish your thought leadership:
- Find who you want to publish your content and learn more about them. Read some of their published articles to gauge their content tone and formatting to help you plan a guest post they will want to share.
- Stay up to date in your industry. Readers will want to know about recent happenings in the field and hear what experts have to say about them. By showing that you are in the loop of everything happening in your field, your executive voice will seem more credible.
- Show off your brilliance! You’ve committed your hard work and time to your field, so why not share what you’ve learned? Offer a unique outlook on the industry based on your personal experiences. An original edge to your content will drive more interest and help you stand out from other shared content.
- Keep it web-friendly. Make sure your writing is concise and flows naturally. That way, your content will be more accessible for web readers to understand your message clearly.
Don’t feel so confident about your writing skills? No problem! Consider relying on a team of pro writers who will create impactful guest posts and other valuable thought leadership content. Make your expert voice heard and take advantage of the many benefits that will follow.
Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package
At Article-Writing, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own materials. Our experts will develop a plan and create well-crafted content to represent your personal and professional brand through our offered Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen your thought leadership platform so you can make a powerful impact in your industry. Book a call today.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.