How to Use Social Media to Support Your Copy
Social media is one of the best possible marketing tools that every company has at its disposal. It’s a space where millions of people can be reached with a single post and conversations can happen in real time. It’s also a way to drive more traffic to your website and build your brand.
Here are some copywriting tips to harness the power of social media to support the copy you’ve written.
Always Link Back to Your Blog
When you’re creating a social media post, you want your copy to connect with your followers and engage your audience. Each post is also an opportunity to link back to your blog. When you post great content that gets a positive reaction from your audience, those people might want to read more of what you have to say. Give them the chance to do that by including a link. Your copy can get more traffic to your site where your copy can convert to sales.
For businesses, social media is a way to show customers who you are and what you can do. Using social media tools, you can build trust in your brand and show readers that you’re a leader in your industry. There are a few ways to do that.
- Create a bio that quickly tells readers who you are and what you do.
- Post regularly. Use copywriting tips to establish and stick to a content schedule to show that you’re consistent and reliable.
- Respond to questions, comments, and concerns so your customers know that you care about customer service.
- When you get a positive comment or review, share them as testimonials so others will see how you’ve helped previous customers.
Use Eye-Catching Images
There are a few ways to grab the attention of your audience on social media but using eye catching images might be the most effective. Whether you’re using Facebook or Twitter, images will be more likely than text to make readers stop and take a second look at your post. On Instagram, where it’s all about images, standing out can be a little more difficult. There, you’ll need to find the right images, like those with bold colors or interesting graphics, to make those scrolling through their feed slow down and see what you have to say in the caption.
When customers and potential customers think about your brand, what image do you want them to have? With social media, you can create consistency in your branding and develop the image customers will have of your company. You can make that happen by keeping images, messages, types of links consistent in the following ways.
- Keeping your images, language, and colors in line with the rest of your branding. Use opportunities like profile images and banner images to personalize your page with your logo and color scheme.
- Find links to articles, blog posts, and other companies that are in line with the mission and goals of your company.
- Be authentic with your messages. You want to build trust with your readers, so be sure that you’re not sending conflicting messages or making readers question you.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.