How to Find Content Ideas for Your Blog and How Often You Should Post
Frequency of Posting
Many blog owners struggle with how often they should be posting their content. Companies that published 16+ blog posts per month got almost 3.5X more traffic than companies that published 0-4 monthly posts. Because of statistics like these, some blog owners will start posting every day, but this can often lead to lots of lackluster blog posts. You should only be posting if you feel like you have something important to say that will register with your readers. If you want to post on a frequent basis, you need to find compelling topics for every post.
You can manage your blog posting schedule by using a content calendar. You can list your upcoming posts on the calendar to come up with a regular posting schedule. This also lets you see what kind of topics you’re posting and when. Try to mix up your topic themes throughout the week or over the course of month, so your readers don’t get bored with your content.
Understanding Searcher Intent
If SEO is a major part of your blogging strategy, finding the right topic ideas usually comes down to searcher intent. This means writing content based on the needs and wants of the person that’s conducting a search online. Just because you’re using keywords in your blog content doesn’t mean that the reader is interested in your content.
For example, if you’re using the keyword “how to remove clothing stains”, your blog post needs to thoroughly answer this question. Otherwise, your blog might attract a lot of new readers via search, but those readers won’t stick around because you’re not following up with the searcher’s intent.
Choosing Content Ideas that Bring Maximum Traffic to Your Blog
The only way to maximize the traffic coming to your blog is to find topics that energize and excite your readers. But unless you’re a mind reader, finding those topics isn’t always easy. You can try learning more about your target audience and the current popular culture landscape to come up with exciting topics and content ideas. Use the following channels to search for meaningful topic ideas:
- Look at Reddit and social media websites to see what’s trending in your industry. In fact, around 15% of internet users read or comment on discussion forums such as reddit, Digg, or Slashdot.
- Use your web analytics to find out what pages, products, or content ideas are popular with your readers.
- Check news websites to see what the biggest stories are in your industry.
You can get people talking about your blog by using the right topics.
Need help writing?
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.