HOW TO CREATE BACKLINKS FOR YOUR BLOG
How to Build Backlinks to Your Blog Content
Reaching Out to Influencers in Your Industry
One way to get a website or blog to link back to your blog is to develop relationships with the people that run them. You can try reaching out to the editors and writers of a blog that’s related to your industry. Send them a message that shows you’re already a subscriber or avid reader of their blog. Then, fill out the message with information about why you’re looking for backlinks and that you’d be willing to return the favor.
Be sure to include the following information when reaching out to professionals in your industry:
- Who you are, your experience, and why they should respond to your email.
- The name of your website or blog and the content it provides
- What kinds of readers generally read your blog
- Where their backlink will appear
Be polite and courteous when reaching out to these professionals. After all, they are your peers! You should also be aware that you might have to reach out to 20 people or so before someone will respond to your email or message. It’s best to start with smaller blogs and publications and work your way up to more popular websites.
Guest Posting on Other Blogs and Websites
You can also try pitching guest posts to other websites and blogs. This means writing an original piece of content and getting it published on another website. You’ll need to reach out to these publications with information about your pitch, including what you’ll be writing about, why their readers will care, and that you’d be open to returning the favor.
Try coming up with a compelling topic that’s related to the content already published on their blog. Then, write a short description of what will be in the piece, including any stats or theories. Make sure you give the person a brief history of your writing credentials or provide some writing samples, so they have a better idea of your skills as a wordsmith.
Partnering with Social Media Influencers
We’re living the age of social media and that means living in the age of influencer marketing. Online celebrities with lots of followers can help you grow your business. 59% of marketers intend to increase their influencer marketing budget in the next year. Try reaching out to them on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram and ask them if they’re interested in promoting your website or blog. You might have to pay them to promote your content, or you can develop a relationship with them over time by retweeting their posts, following their account, and promoting them on your social media channels.
Make sure you get your blog in good shape before reaching out to influencers. That means having high-quality photos, lots of comments and followers, and an amazing portfolio of content.
If you want to drive more traffic to your blog, reaching out to influencers and other blogs will help you expand your audience online. Be professional and persistent with your outreach efforts and you’ll have a robust selection of backlinks before you know it.
Need help writing?
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.