With new eras come changes. In every area of life, including writing seo content, the digital age is rearing its head, and there are definitely adjustments you need to make when it comes to your business moving forward into the future.
As an entrepreneur or business person, you have the responsibility to yourself and your company to keep moving forward, on into technological ages as the world develops. This includes taking new and positive methods of marketing into consideration, such as adapting to social media management with sites like Hootsuite or writing SEO content to keep your site in check with Google search engine formulas.
Mobile browsing is at the peak of its popularity; likely to get even more popular as a litany of other mobile devices such as Apple Watches crop up. In fact, it’s proven that mobile browsing is more popular than desktop browsing now. This means you aren’t building websites the way you used to. All website designers have to keep their eye on trends. The most important one in 2016? Mobile friendly sites.
Making a Mobile Functional Site when Writing SEO Content
This can be a bit tricky. Some website creation engines are already optimized to work on mobile browsers, and these web designers are smart. If you’re a business owner looking for website hosting with premade layouts available, look for hosts that offer you pre-mobile optimized options.
There’s also the option of commissioning a layout. This can be pricy if you’re just starting out in your business, but well worth it if you’re looking at it as an investment for the future. If you’re wary of spending big bucks on a simple layout, you have some choices to make. You can find cheaper website development options easily, but think about other areas of your business you invest in: writing SEO content, unique content writing, outsourcing tasks and other business delegations.
If these are worth investing in, why not a mobile site that you know will get you more views and a bigger audience pool? If you’re dead set on DIY-ing it, here are 10 tips you can use to make your site more mobile friendly.
The Pros List
Here are just a handful of reasons why a site with a mobile layout won’t make it in the future:
- Non-optimized sites when viewed on a mobile device can be clunky and riddled with errors, causing viewers to leave quickly.
- Mobile device users want things fast and now. When they’re on the go, they don’t have access to a desktop to use your site the right way, causing them inconvenience and giving you a bad rap.
- It’s very likely that your competitors are using mobile optimization on their website. If you aren’t and they are, guess who your shared marketed audience will choose.
- It’s relatively easy to do depending on your already established site. WordPress users can easily add components to their site to make them mobile friendly.
- Mobile sites require different SEO parameters for design. Writing SEO content that also works with content generated by mobile site developers can give you a one-two punch of search engine optimization across the board. These adjustments are also very simple, like checking on page speed and removing Flash from your site.
Because the changes are so easy and the assets mobile sites bring are so numerous, what’s the harm in changing with the times?
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.