BUSINESS BLOGGING TIPS
Why Do Blackhat SEO Content Writing Services Still Exist?
Giving a Definition to the Blackhat Ideology
As John E. Lincoln of Search Engine Land explains, blackhat SEO comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. From social media mismanagement to the direction you take your SEO content writing services, virtually no digital platform is exempt from the potential sway of these illicit methods. Buying spam links, stuffing keywords, and forcing traffic to your site via other inorganic methods all fit the blackhat billing
Even though the means and the platform might change, there is one underlying theme that does connect all of these variations – the desire and willingness to utilize unapproved or spam techniques to game the system. The blackhat mentality isn’t about being rewarded for quality content and offerings, but rather trying to find a way to pull a fast one on both the search engines and your audience.
Aside from helping ensure that blackhat operations continue to exist by patronizing these outlets, Matt Goulart of Business 2 Community also notes that you run the increased risk of a substantial ranking penalty if you continue to test Google’s patience on this front. Regardless of the size of your organization, falling out of favor with this search leader and trying to bounce back from far reaching punishments is nowhere near an ideal situation.
Doing Things the Right Way
So now that we know why blackhat SEO content writing services still exist – as well as why these methods aren’t feasible for brands that are serious about building a strong digital persona – it’s time to start talking about doing SEO the right way. According to Search Engine People’s Daniel Kosir, it all starts with working with someone who knows what Google wants and how to appropriately manage your content strategy.
From building organic links via quality content, to correctly handling anchor text after the latest SEO algorithm updates and avoiding duplicate on-site content, having an expert team on your side could mean the difference between having a falling out with the search engines and rising up the ranking pages. Considering how important it is to play by Google’s rules, you’ll be glad you took the time to get things right on the first try and not wait until things go too far and you end up facing a penalty.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.