BUSINESS BLOGGING TIPS
Using Blog Content to Attract New Business
There’s a formula to acquiring new business via blog content. Is it doable? Yes. Is it easy? It’s simpler than most methods of advertising and lead generation, to say the least. Is it something that works automatically? No.
Here are the steps you need to take to effectively turn blog posts into actual business figures:
1. Promote your content on social media. This one is a no-brainer. If you’re a savvy business person, you know that social media is already a great way to engage with your customers and potential new clients, so implementing a business blog to promote your content with social media sharing is a one-two punch of lead generation.
2. Utilize both free and paid for methods of promotion. Promoting your content is the next step. You’re doing good so far by posting your content on social media, but now you need to go on to the next step of bigger channels of promotion. Business partnerships can help you promote yourself, as well as buying ad space. Social media sites like Facebook and Twitter also offer promotion offers that you should look into to increase your blog content’s social reach.
Let’s loop back around real quick. Your social media efforts and promotional endeavors are going to be great for your business, but remember that both your blog content and the work you put into sharing it should all be valuable. When you produce content, it has to be designed in a way to attract traffic to your site. This means using both technical (SEO) and creative (responsive headlines and engaging content) methods to get people interested in your content – when they’re interested in your content, they’re interested in you.
4. Building your list and interested party pool. Now that you’ve promoted valuable and engaging blog content, it’s a waiting game. Yes, you need to be diligent in posting content and promotion, but you’ll need to test out methods and see what really grabs the attention of your audience. As you post and promote, you’ll start to build a list of new leads.
5. Trial and error. See what methods and content works the most for increasing your list. Also take into consideration the “almosts” – the people that almost go all the way to buying your products or service, but fall off along the way. Why didn’t they complete the transaction? How can you fix the problem and make sure that more clients don’t fall into this category.
6. Lead success. It’s important to know that social media and content promotion is a great way to promote your website, which leads to traffic, but your leads will come in a little bit more gradually. As you post more content and share it via your proven methods, you’ll notice that your sales figures will go up and up. The more valuable your blog content and the better your promotional methods, the more business you’ll get.
Overall, remember that acquiring new business is both a game of visibility and value – your blogging content and promotion strategies make you visible to new customers, and your content and service value will be what makes them stay. Make sure that you are leaving it in the hands of professionals.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.