When you’re just starting out as a small business, you’ve got a lot of competition to deal with- competition that have bigger and better websites than you do. Without a dynamic website to host your goals and information, the help of website content writing services, and the right information located in the right places, potential customers are slipping right through your fingers.
It’s okay if at first you can’t spring for a fancy, high-tech layout for your website, but your online storefront should be treated just as if you were taking care of something tangible. A store with disorganized shelving and a confusing structure is a store that doesn’t succeed in the real world, and your business will suffer the same fate if you don’t follow some simple rules when it comes to your website.
Layouts and Ease of Use
- Make sure whatever you’re working with is easy to read. Complicated menu systems, fonts, and clashing colors don’t give visitors a lot to work with. Stick to a rule that your copy text colors are always either black or white. Save accent colors for headers and sub-headers.
- Some sites like to try to blend minimalist ideas with overly cluttered menus, screen grabbing photos and other forms of marketing that are supposed to lure in customers. If you want to go minimalist, here’s your rule: stick with it. Streamline your site and cut out the filler and fat.
- Make sure your site is mobile compatible. A majority of internet browsing is done on smartphones, iPads and tablets, so you have to keep up with the digital age. If a potential customer can’t access your site easily on their mobile device, you’ve essentially lost them.
- Your menus should be so easy to use a monkey could navigate your website. Don’t leave people scrambling to find basic information. Spot test your sites navigation abilities regularly so you know there’s no confuse about information availability.
Website Content Writing Services
- Don’t leave your site looking empty. If you want more traffic there has to be a reason for it. A site that doesn’t update with content is a site that goes stale. Utilize website content writing services to give your website a more personal edge to keep customers coming back again and again. Content writing services can be useful in filling your site with content that fits your image while alleviating tedious work from your to-do list. We’ve got a whole list of reasons why website content writing services are essential for startup longevity.
- Never shy away from making your business seem personable, no matter what the cause or content. Whether it’s an about page with an intimate story about your business or a staff introduction section, customers are more inclined to support you the more human you come across. If you aren’t sure of your own ability to add in more personal content, again, website content writing services can help you punch this up.
- Also remember that website content writing services can also help your social media presence, another important facet of your online presence.
- Once you get enough revenue going to realistically spend on a better website, do so. Don’t waffle on this decision. A website is an investment you can’t live without.
- Use any available services possible to test your sites readability, SEO utilization, and how much traffic is coming in. Many free resources exist for website spot checking, but if you have to pay for some then so be it. Remember: your site is an investment and it’s one that’s worth it.
A business’ first year running is what a lot of statistics and figures about its future are based on. Trying to achieve as much success as possible is paramount during this time. Set yourself up for success by creating the most dynamic website with the resources you have available.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.