- BUSINESS BLOGGING TIPS
The Blogging Inspiration Top 30 Countdown
30. First up is an awesome compendium of writer’s block quotes found over at Goodreads.com. Because admitting you have a problem is the first step to overcoming it…or so we have heard.
29. Find the muse from your own personal experiences.
28. Don’t fall prey to “grammarphobia;” instead, learn the basics of great grammar and dive in to writing with renewed confidence.
27. Regain your passion for writing by reviewing what some of the best authors of all time have to say on the matter. Even your favorite blog writing company needs to look to the heavy hitters once in a while.
26. Read something you love, whether it is a magazine, a favorite novel, or even a cookbook. You never know when inspiration might hit!
25. Look to your readers – check out the comments on your past blog posts and you may find a common theme or content suggestion that you can use for your next post.
24. Watch a movie or hit up an art museum. Inspiration for writing does not have to come just from written works…creativity or beauty or discovery in any form can light your creative fires.
23. One of the best ways to get “unstuck” is to set your mind free. Freewriting lets you type or long-hand with reckless abandon, and you just might find a nugget of inspiration once you’re done that you can use as a seed for your next article.
22. Organizing your thoughts is a great place to start any writing, like covering things you don’t want to forget and that you may want to use as reference points for your blog articles.
20. If you are after a more comedic topic selection, Portent’s online topic generator serves up both serious and offbeat options at the click of a button.
19. Repurpose an older post into something new. If it worked before, it will work again, especially if you put a fresh, relevant spin on it.
18. Have someone guest post on your blog. It will give you a break to gather your thoughts and may also give you a fresh perspective on what your audience likes to read about.
17. Speaking of finding out what your audience likes, head over to some “competitor” blogs and see what they’re up to…nothing acts like an inspiration or motivation like seeing other people doing things well.
16. Join some forums and see what topics and subjects are hot right now
15. Copyblogger.com is the Content King when it comes to blogging. They recommend several things, including finding the questions no one in your industry is willing to answer and finding a solution yourself.
14. Try a new format. If you are like many bloggers, you likely follow a set content layout with most of your posts. Break out of that template and you will be surprised how inspired you may become.
13. Comedy is often the best way to break out of a mental rut. Consider these hilarious word-based funnies.
12. You can never have too much humor, which is why this list of writing comics and memes found on Pinterest is also a great way to get your writing groove back on track.
11. Collaborate on a writing project with a friend or colleague, or even look to a blog writing company.
10. Do some sleuthing and check out what keywords have done really well in the past. Find a way to use them in your next article.
9. Take to Twitter. The shortened format makes it a treasure trove of one-liners and carefully curated links.
8. Consider interviewing a thought leader or expert in your industry and featuring that Q and A session on your blog in lieu of a traditional article.
7. Think from the point of view of someone else. Someone older. Someone younger. Someone that is outside of your industry. Someone that lives in another country. The list goes on and on.
6. Pinterest once again comes to the rescue with this awesome collection of blog prompts and ideas.
5. Think up something CRAZY…really get outside the box here. Then find three ways to scale back your idea so that it fits within what your target audience would want to read about but still retains some of its “edge.”
4. Is there something people in your industry are interested in learning? Think about writing a post that teaches them something you excel at. Even writers at the best blog writing company need to be open to learning new things.
3. Check out Reddit. It is an endless rabbit train of discussion threads and ideas, all organized into specific topics and categories for easy searching.
2. Ask questions. Try out Quora – you can ask any questions and behold: the insightful online tool serves up answers that you can use to add fun facts and tidbits for your next article.
1. When all else fails, partner with a blog writing company like us. We can step in and help you by writing focused, relevant content so you can sit back and reap the rewards of an awesome blog.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.