When it comes to content writing for social media platforms there are literally dozens of management tools and programs that have popped up, all claiming to help “make the process easier” and “automate your social media management.” Many under-deliver, though, leaving you high and dry when you need it most.
Below is a list of 7 tested and approved tools that are guaranteed to help you take your content writing for social media game to the next level:
- Oh Twitter. We all love it, but getting your images just right can take time and – for those of us that are not especially creative or tech-savvy, it can lead to frustration. Since tweets that contain a photo or graphic statistically receive a more than 100% chance of being clicked on, including them in your social media strategy is a must. Enter Spruce. Simply type your desired message into their text area, select a photo, and ta-da! It is as easy as that. You can download the image or send it to Facebook or Twitter directly from the Spruce homepage.
- Sure – the whole point of Instagram is to capture things in the moment, but sometimes you just want to schedule a post. For those occasions, Latergramme is your new best friend. With a personal version as well as a version specifically designed for businesses, it is a tool that can help automate your Instagram marketing to the hilt.
- Typeform is a simple yet elegant form and survey builder that allows you to quickly create landing pages, surveys, forms, tests, and literally anything else pertaining to capturing user data. It is free unless you want to upgrade to the pro version. The best part of all is the tool’s efficient drag-and-drop user interface that makes anyone look like a web or mobile development genius.
- Infographics are all the rage right now, and there is no end in sight for this popular information delivery style. The problem is that unless you are a designer, it can be difficult to make your graphics look professional. The solution? Piktograph. Effortlessly create detailed information-based graphics based on existing templates, and then embed some code into your site and Voila! Your beautiful image appears. You can also download the graphic as a .png or .jpg file.
- Do you want more shares, adds, and followers? You need AddThis. Ranked as the #1 tool of its kind by companies like Microsoft and ABC News, AddThis helps you increase web traffic, signups, and more, all by providing beautiful share buttons, popup boxes, and even recommended content areas that interact with your readers to provide them with a unique experience while on your website or blog.
- Do you ever wonder if you are using the right hashtags? RiteTag lets you install a Chrome or Firefox browser extension tool that provides color coded analysis of your hashtags based on each one’s strength. The site says that they, “make …tagging and scheduling, tweeting, or auto-scheduling a snap,” and they aren’t kidding. They also have a search area where you can peruse over 10,000 hashtags to see in real time exactly what your audience is interested in.
- Do you ever wish there was a way to comb through your follower lists and be done with the people that add zero value to your social media presence? You can! With JustUnfollow you have the ability to ensure that your Instagram and Twitter accounts stay spam free in the follower department. You can also FOLLOW people using this tool, which makes it the 1-2-punch you’ve been waiting for.
Spend more time running your company and less time tinkering with your accounts for content writing for social media. After all – social media should work for you…not the other way around!
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.