At best, SEO is somewhat confusing; it’s an ever-changing frontier that can be highly hit-or-miss. At worst, SEO is an otherworldly alien of epic proportions that can threaten to ruin all of your hard work creating high-quality content and a solid online presence. But as top SEO influencers will tell you, this doesn’t have to be the case.
Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be either a content-zapping alien or a confusing web you have to unravel – SEO can actually be (dare we say it) SIMPLIFIED to the point that it works for you and not against you. The following 7 tools will help you navigate the world of SEO easily and effectively:
- When in doubt, it is always good to see how you measure up to your competitors. QuickSprout lets you do just that, with a simple user interface that lets you compare your site to up to three competitor sites at the push of a button.
- If you use WordPress and do not already utilize Yoast, get thee to your website dashboard and install it immediately. It comes readymade with everything you need for automated SEO greatness, including the handy use of bright red and angry-looking words that appear if you haven’t fully optimized a post.
- Alexa is site analytics and SEO monitoring on serious steroids. More than just providing you data to sift through, this tool actually makes intelligent recommendations that you can use to make your site better. Every plan comes with a free 7-day trial, so you have nothing to lose by trying it out for yourself.
- You know you’re curious…how do web browsers and search engines really see your site? Well, be curious no more – Browseo lets you effortlessly strip away all of the features and “pretties” on your website, showing you exactly what search engines care about and highlighting areas that need improvement.
- Keywords and overall content aren’t the only things that matter in the SEO game – page load time also plays a big role in how well your site ranks. GTmetrix lets you analyze your site speed so that you can make valuable, time-saving adjustments.
What are you waiting for? Check out these fantastic tools and start making your life easier. SEO doesn’t have to give you a headache; it can actually prove to be a valuable marketing strategy that creates opportunity for you and your company to excel online.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.