- BUSINESS BLOGGING TIPS
How to Build the Most Impressive Blog In your Industry (and Why it Matters)
Becoming an industry influencer means you have to fine-tune a lot of business components – marketing, product/service quality, your customer service, etc. One such area is your blog, and it’s one that you need to pay special attention to.
Typically your blog will be a marketing area that generates you a lot of leads. People Google a topic, one of your posts comes up, they check your business out and the rest is history. Running a well-crafted and valuable blog is one way to start being seen as influential. When you share high quality information with your consumers, they trust you and your knowledge. The more trusted you are, the more influential you are.
So here’s your goal – craft and buy articles for your blog that you can use to build your blog’s reputation up until you’re king of the castle.
Here’s how you do it…
- First, pay attention to your competition. Influence is a very “compare and contrast” trait. You become influential by being better than others in your industry. In order to get your blog to beat out theirs, first you must understand their own blog’s quality and standards. Subscribe to their mailing list, check their blog occasionally and see what kind of content they’re sharing on social media. Don’t worry – the small amount of attention you give them won’t work against you. Any successful business owner has to do some reconnaissance on occasion. Harvest the information and pass what you can use onto your blog writer. Also remember that you aren’t looking to copy them – you’re looking to do better.
- Now worry about yourself. Making an impressive blog means making impressive content. You can do this yourself if you feel strongly about keeping all business content in-house, but you can buy articles for your blog that also give you a competitive edge. High-quality writing is high-quality writing, no matter if it’s coming from you or a content service – and contracting content from one can save you lots of time.
- Your content should be two things: informative and accurate. Remember, you want consumers to trust and look to you for information above anyone else. One slip up and this reputation you’ve worked for can be ruined. If using a content service, instruct a writer to focus on specific types of information or statistics that you think customers will find valuable.
- Also make sure your writer does their research – offering links or resource guides can be a great way to get accurate and reliable content from an outside source when you buy articles for your blog. If you want to write the content yourself, make sure you understand the basics of blog writing and combine this with your specialized knowledge.
- Your look is also important. As soon as a client clicks on your blog, they should be nodding their heads, thinking “wow, this guy knows what they’re doing here.” You can have the best content in the world, but an ugly or hard to navigate blog will turn them off. Strike a balance between minimalism and plain. A good minimal layout still looks like effort has been put into it. No one-note site skins!
- Take into consideration all the little tips. Look at these 10 simple blogging tips and implement them into your blog. You can find 300 articles like this one, and each can offer you a small hack or tweak for fine-tuning your blog to make it better than it was before. Small and obvious touches like SEO inclusion or dynamic post HTML can make all the difference in the world, so don’t take them for granted. When you buy articles for your blog, your writer should be aware of tips and tricks like these, but don’t be afraid to pass on any you find to be especially valuable.
- Most importantly, make it very clear that you know what you’re talking about – both in the tone of your content and by directly noting your experience and knowledge. Anyone and their dog can run a blog, but yours is the one that matters most because you’re the expert, and there’s nothing more impressive than that.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.