Article-Writing.co provides businesses in all genres with unique content that includes articles, product descriptions, newsletters, emails, blog, social media, and web content.
We are actively searching for a Vancouver-based Copy Editor to join our team. This position will require previous proofreading and editing experience and the availability to start right away. This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $37,000. We offer excellent benefits, paid vacation, and plenty of opportunities for growth within the company. We are generous with raises and always promote from within. The position will be done remotely with frequent meetings and collaboration days at our Vancouver co-work space.
We are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers who can be creative, as well as methodical, with a sharp eye and attention to detail. A can-do attitude will be important in this role. We are looking for someone who can be flexible and help foster the long-term growth of the company with their ideas and dedication to the goals of the team.
The position is responsible for:
- Copy editing a variety of content including blog posts and articles, social media content, newsletters, web copy, etc.
- Basic proofreading (spelling, grammar, and punctuation) as well as critical thinking on behalf of the client’s goals and specifications
- Communicating with the writing team for revisions and ensuring all submission deadlines are met
- Ensuring that all work follows SEO practices
- Editing client content on various platforms, as required
- Meeting established deliverables and quality expectations
- Adherence of style guidelines related to the company and the client
- Collaborating with the management and executive teams to further long-term growth of our clients and our company
Required skills for this position:
- Relevant schooling
- 1+ years professional copy editing experience
- Top-notch writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work remotely with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to handle a heavy workload along with multiple deadlines in a day
- A strong team player
- Growth mindset
- Willing to go the extra mile and not looking to punch a clock
Desired skills for this position:
- Social media skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
If writing for Article Writing Company is your cup of tea, please fill in the form below, then please send your resume, cover letter, and relevant writing samples to [email protected] using the subject line “Copy Editor”. We look forward to hearing from you!