- TIPS FOR WRITING SEO CONTENT
How to Boost Brand Identity with Unique Blog Content
When you’re writing SEO content, or order a blog to be written for you from a content writing service, what outside outside information about your business do you consider?
- Do you insert SEO information?
- Do you think about your marketing audience?
- Do you give a writer information about your target demographic?
The answer to all of the above is probably a resounding “yes” – this is Content Marketing 101! Of course you need all that information! What you’re probably not focusing on, however, is your brand identity.
The identity of your brand is more important than you might think. Businesses like 99Designs put food on their employee’s tables with brand identity because their best-selling service is making sure your business’ brand shines through in all of their logos and site imagery. This isn’t just something you do with images, though. You can put forth a brand identity in your blog content as well.
The Importance of Brand Identity
It’s vital for your brand identity to be conveyed via all mediums you associate with your business. This ranges from social media to email copy, your telephone voicemail message to your blog content. Your business’ unique personality is how you can differentiate it from your competition – and this is extremely important.
Here’s a fact that can’t be sugar coated – your business is likely not unique, for the most part. Think about a dry cleaning storefront in New York. There’s essentially a dry cleaners on every block, so they have to do something to stand out – but what? They can adjust their prices, offer different services and offer great customer service, but that doesn’t give you the final winning edge when you’re in a field with a lot of competition.
What people really look for, especially in online storefronts, is a business that has a different kind of edge. That brand identity is what differentiates that one dry cleaning business from the other 100 in city, and it can potentially be the key to winning out over their competition.
In a business environment where social selling and customer engagement is all the rage, how brand identity is conveyed online is critical to success. This fully formed digital persona immediately tells people your business’ purpose, the demographic they’re targeting, the tone of the business and how well it jives with their own needs and personality.
Writing SEO Content That’s Unique
While most content you either write or purchase from a content writing service will fall under the umbrella of “unique,” what this title truly dictates is “content specific to your business and your business only.” You can have an article written that’s 100% unique, but it still won’t be specific to your business and your brand unless you ask for it to be that way.
This task is admittedly easier to undertake when you’re doing it yourself, but sometimes you simply don’t have the writing talent and/or the time to do it all yourself. That’s where a content writing service come into play. A useful tip is setting up a brand identity PDF or guidebook. This can be used to give to your marketing team, employees and content writer so they have a better understanding of your brand voice and identity.
How it Helps
This kind of brand identity exposure is very important for a number of reasons:
- It shows your brand voice to those who find your blog organically via search engines.
- It keeps your site consistent – no disconnect of voice or tone from your copy to your blog content.
- Blog content is perhaps your most realistic way of conversing with customers outside of social media, so your business’ tone in your blogging content is very important.
Go back to 99Designs really quick – what do you notice about their brand identity? To sum it up in three words, it’s friendly, helpful and energetic. What three words can sum up your own brand identity? How can you best convey these adjectives via text?
These are the kinds of questions to ask yourself, regardless of whether you’re writing your own content or not. Either absorb these answers or pass them on to a writer with a content writing service to make sure your brand identity will shine through in your unique content.
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.