BLOG POST WRITING TIPS
20 Types of Blog Posts That Will Boost Sales
20 Types of Blog Posts That Will Boost Sales
- A-Z Articles: If you sell bicycles, list your favourite brands in alphabetical order. Include one you’re trying to boost with an internal link leading back to your website for further information or deals.
- A Challenge or Quest: Gear your audience towards something special that you cook up. Consider Neil Patel’s $100k blog challenge: Neil and a partner started a blog and tried to get it up to $100k in monthly revenue. Through this exercise, he would submit a monthly update. The update would be chalk full of great learning that would convert some percentage into sales of his premium internet marketing courses.
- Q&A: Invite your audience to email you with questions relevant to your expertise. Offer a prize for the question you select and write an article detailing your solution with relevant links.
- Serial Posts: Weekly posts add web pages to your domain, raising your visibility with search engines seeking fresh content to index. Outsourcing this enormous task to a professional blog post writing service is the best solution if you don’t have the resources or time yourself.
- Product Tips: Your most popular products may get a surprising amount of engagement if your articles include helpful tips and insights on how to get more value out of them.
- Newsjacking: Focus on time-sensitive issues and provide solutions that improve efficiency. Useful advice will inspire sharing and online engagement. Let’s say you’re an SEO Agency, for example, and a big search algorithm update just dropped. A post on how to navigate the new rules is prudent in that it will show your audience that you are on top of SEO Trends, and have the expertise to navigate.
- Survey Posts: Create surveys that attract engagement and yield meaningful market intelligence. Article writers with strong marketing and research expertise can help you achieve results.
- Speculative Posts: Demonstrate your expertise with insights on industry trends and their future prospects.
- Games and Quizzes: Everyone loves games and distractions are an obsession with today’s consumer. Engagement will soar if you source the most interesting ideas.
- Memes: If your audience appreciates humour, a meme is designed for viral sharing.
- Feature/Guest Articles: Invite a social influencer known to your audience to write a feature article. A blog post writing service can easily source an appropriate article writer.
- Case Study Article: Draw from your social media channels for subjects and ideas. A professional blog post writing service can make sure it is well researched with statistics, infographics and keywords appealing to search engines.
- Blogging for Local Businesses: Use your new found expertise and see if you can get a guest post onto a partner’s website. I.e. let’s say you’re a real estate agent, naturally you are likely using the services of a local accountant. Send him / her a note and put together an article for their website. Thus winning the attention of a whole new audience.
- Guide-To Posts: Identify a trouble spot for customers and write a detailed article with internal links leading back to your solutions. Seek out a professional blog post writing service or experienced article writer to help you optimize each post.
- A Link List: Think of resources or tools you would be willing to share with your audience and write a list of them with corresponding links. Feedback you receive may lead to more sales or strategic partnerships.
- Interviews: Hire a blog post writing service to produce a series of exclusive, in-depth interviews with an industry expert to generate social media fodder that fuels interest in your business.
- Contests: Invite your readers to compete among themselves for a prize you provide. Use social media channels to promote the contest and conclude it with a feature article on the contest winner.
- Tip List Articles: Focus each article on a specific number of tips (5, 7, 10 are popular) and advice for problems experienced by your target audience. If you hire a blog post writing service, be sure they’re also proficient in SEO writing.
- How-To or Tutorial: These are a great opportunity to showcase your expertise, inspire feedback and inquiries that can lead to sales.
- Reviews & Critiques: Find an experienced blog post writing service or article writers with journalism expertise as well as SEO knowledge to write objective reviews relevant to your industry and of interest to your readers.
Want help writing your blog? Click here to price out an active blog from one of our lovely writers…
The ultimate goal of content marketing is offering your target audience information and materials that will engage them and motivate them to choose your business.
Seems easy, right?
Often, companies will simply share general content to please everyone. But let’s be honest: you can’t win them all. And that’s okay!
Rather than throwing a line and hoping the fish will bite, create Thought Leadership content strategically catered to your target market. Consider the people who would genuinely need or care about what your business offers, rather than wasting time, effort, and resources on creating general, unfocused content. Successful content marketing involves promoting your products and services to the people interested in the subject matter, who will read the content, click on your company website, and take action.
As an executive of an organization, you are a valuable piece of the brand. Consumers want to know about the human presence leading companies, in order to understand more about the company’s values and goals.
Take advantage of your position as an industry expert and share extra content to attract more attention to yourself as an industry leader and your company. Your quality content will build your reputation as a reliable voice to earn your consumer’s trust. However, if it’s not focused on your target audience, you won’t earn many conversions from your content.
Consider these techniques to guide your Thought Leadership content so it can expand and strengthen your loyal consumer following:
- Identify your target audience by reviewing your current consumer data and identifying who is investing in your business or reacting to your thought leadership materials so far. Look for trends to find why these people are interested and if others like them haven’t been reached yet.
- Conduct customer research to learn how they will respond to your thought leadership content. Request participation in surveys, polls, social media comments, and more to learn about your existing impression on your audience and how you can improve your platform.
- Create target audience character profiles. Identify their interests, demographics, pain points, needs, and desires, and write to them.
- Find where your current and potential audience is active online. Catch their attention by being active and sharing your content marketing materials on these platforms.
- Pull inspiration from other Thought Leader examples. Research other executives within your field who implement successful content marketing through their personal platforms. Learn what qualities make their content attractive and why readers respond to it positively. These examples can offer a base for you to visualize what you want to achieve.
- Recognize your strengths as a Thought Leader. Often, leaders aren’t necessarily aware of the unique talents that give them an advantage in their industry until asked. Reflect on what topics you know best and how to input your insights to humanize your materials, make them original and more engaging for your audience.
Case Study: How Strategic Content Marketing Can Broaden Your Audience
In our client strategy calls, our team will interview our expert clients to learn about their industry expertise and find out what’s meaningful to them, their business, and then identify who we believe to be their target audience. We use these insights to inspire our content subject matter and tone to create impactful content for their current and potential consumers.
For example, our client, Dr. Nitin Desai, approached our strategy team to create content to promote his COVID Pre-Check app. His innovative software is intended to help employers ensure their employees who enter the office are COVID-free, providing a safe environment by eliminating the chance of spread.
Our team of strategists recognized that with Dr. Desai’s thorough professional knowledge around the COVID-19 virus, he had the potential to become a reliable voice in a culture of people seeking answers. We created content for Dr. Desai that focused on sharing COVID-related insights to reach a wider audience, which has been a successful mission. Our thoroughly planned content reflected his industry expertise, which brought him attention from various media outlets and publications, including Forbes.
By reaching out to our professional content marketing team, Dr. Desai achieved his goal of promoting his groundbreaking app, while also positioning himself as an authoritative voice in his field. Our team learned about his voice, discovered what was meaningful to him and his target audience, and optimized this to create focused, engaging content that broadened his consumer scope.
Ready to Invest In Your Article-Writing.co Thought Leadership Package?
At Article-Writing.co, we understand that you have a lot on your plate. Let us share your voice on your behalf, so you don’t need to add more time to your busy schedule to write your own content marketing. Our strategists and creators will develop a plan to create engaging materials to represent your Thought Leader brand through your own specialized Thought Leadership Package.
Let us help you strengthen and broaden your consumer base for continued professional success. Book a call today.