You know the basic equation that renders blog content valuable for your small business. You promote your content, you get more traffic, more traffic means more leads, etc. It’s all pretty simple in theory, but you can’t simply slap up a blog or two and expect to get great and instant results.
There’s a formula to acquiring new business via blog content. Is it doable? Yes. Is it easy? It’s simpler than most methods of advertising and lead generation, to say the least. Is it something that works automatically? No.
Here are the steps you need to take to effectively turn blog posts into actual business figures:
- Promote your content on social media. This one is a no-brainer. If you’re a savvy business person, you know that social media is already a great way to engage with your customers and potential new clients, so implementing a business blog to promote your content with social media sharing is a one-two punch of lead generation.
- Utilize both free and paid for methods of promotion. Promoting your content is the next step. You’re doing good so far by posting your content on social media, but now you need to go on to the next step of bigger channels of promotion. Business partnerships can help you promote yourself, as well as buying ad space. Social media sites like Facebook and Twitter also offer promotion offers that you should look into to increase your blog content’s social reach.
- Attracting site traffic. Let’s loop back around real quick. Your social media efforts and promotional endeavors are going to be great for your business, but remember that both your blog content and the work you put into sharing it should all be valuable. When you produce content, it has to be designed in a way to attract traffic to your site. This means using both technical (SEO) and creative (responsive headlines and engaging content) methods to get people interested in your content – when they’re interested in your content, they’re interested in you.
- Building your list and interested party pool. Now that you’ve promoted valuable and engaging blog content, it’s a waiting game. Yes, you need to be diligent in posting content and promotion, but you’ll need to test out methods and see what really grabs the attention of your audience. As you post and promote, you’ll start to build a list of new leads.
- Trial and error. See what methods and content works the most for increasing your list. Also take into consideration the “almosts” – the people that almost go all the way to buying your products or service, but fall off along the way. Why didn’t they complete the transaction? How can you fix the problem and make sure that more clients don’t fall into this category?
- Lead success. It’s important to know that social media and content promotion is a great way to promote your website, which leads to traffic, but your leads will come in a little bit more gradually. As you post more content and share it via your proven methods, you’ll notice that your sales figures will go up and up. The more valuable your blog content and the better your promotional methods, the more business you’ll get.
Overall, remember that acquiring new business is both a game of visibility and value – your blogging content and promotion strategies make you visible to new customers, and your content and service value will be what makes them stay.